Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

Pro Gay Rights. This phrase, to many, is loaded. Some may see this phrase and immediately think "Yeah, I'm all for that." Some may be scared away by this thinking, "I'm straight. I don't want to say I'm for gay-rights and have others think I'm gay." However, do they really know what they're saying?

I'm here to affirm that I have done my observing, researching, and pondering enough to know exactly what I stand for. I could go on for pages about what I believe or why I believe what I do, but that would be unnecessary. 

Bottom line: Love who you want to love. Feel what you want to feel. And express that love to whomever you are drawn to, male or female. Just because I'm straight, doesn't mean I don't believe in love, love of all kinds, gay, straight, or otherwise. 

On Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, "Social Needs" rank number three. It's been proven over and over that humans desire companionship. We desire adoration. We desire mutual respect. We desire love. Who are we to deny fellow humans of this basic need?

No comments:

Post a Comment